Urgent! Serial Number Too Long.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dvt, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvt

dvt Registered Member

I've just purchased TI2009 upgrade. I had V11 previously. When I tried to install, the serial number box came up. The serial supplied with the upgrade is 64 characters long. The serial number box only accepts 28 characters.
    I have now uninstalled V11 but this makes no difference.
    This must be something with my machine because obviosly Acronius would have tested its software. But I can't think what the problem is.
    Meantime, I have no backup in place.
    Any ideas, anyone? Quickly please!

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Try copying and pasting the new serial number (all 64 characters plus the hyphens) into the box. This means that you will have 71 characters total. Let us know any error messages that you receive. Since it’s an upgrade you will also be prompted for the previous version’s serial number.

3. dvt

dvt Registered Member

Thanks for the fast reply.
    I appear to have a problem with the clipboard which a clear and reboot has solved. Thanks again.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Happy to hear that you got it.

5. Julius_Seizure

Julius_Seizure Registered Member

I have a similar problem upgrading from True Image Home 2009 to True Image Echo Workstation.

The workstation key is 25 spaces (29 with hyphens), and the home 2009 key is 64 (71 with the hyphens). The workstation install program will only accept 29 characters for the old key. I'm at a loss. I even tried installing it from the command line and it won't go. I have the latest versions, and i've tried the online keyswap program, reboots, and different user id's. Having True Image Home installed or not makes no difference either.

I have a case open with support, but haven't heard anything.

- Mac

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Julius_Seizure,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

You are unable to Upgrade Acronis True Image Home 2009 to Acronis True Image Echo Workstation directly. I may recommend you to contact us via Live Chat here, we will replace Acronis True Image Home 2009 license with a license for Acronis True Image 11 Home.

Or you can send the case number via PM.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

7. Julius_Seizure

Julius_Seizure Registered Member

Problem solved.

Thanks Oleg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.