Urgent: OS Selector cannot find the necessary configuration files

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by victim #n, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victim #n

victim #n Guest

Hi,

Help! I just installed the Disk Director & OS Selector demo to my window 2000. After the installation, I cannot reboot my machine successfully. The message I've seen is "OS Selector cannot find the necessary configuration files ...". I have seen some threads discussing this and indicating two solutions. One is using "Open Source Ranish Partition Manager" to correct MBR and the other is using window's ERD utility to issue command FIXMBR.

I'm wondering if either of these two methods can bring up/back the window system intact without affecting any data on the disk. I have lots of valuable information in there that I don't wanna lose them. Thanks a lot for the help.

Victim #n
    Jon

2. Victim #n

Victim #n Guest

Hi,

Finally, after reading tutorials regarding to the boot up sequences of the hard disk via some websites, I've collected enough info to have confidence to go thru Ranish Partition Manager to recover my hard disk as what Johan Samyn suggested. The result is that IT WORK!!! I'm getting my system back intact after the IPL is changed back to standard as Johan Samyn said.

Many thanks to Johan Samyn in his previous post to give the solution!

And I think that this my first time and last time to use Acronis' product. The program even breaks in its demo version which is supposed to be tested at least before it's released to public. It shoudl be especially true when such product has very big impact on customer's value data. I don't know what to say any more. Good luck to everyone who is going to try their product.

Victim #n
    Jon

3. RickNYC

RickNYC Guest

OS Selector cannot find the necessary configuration files

It is unacceptable and completely unprofessional that the company (1.) does not have a telephone number with a human being to answer concerns like this; or (2.) has not foreseen the possibility of this problem and devised a fix and when it came up; or (3.) has not put a notice anywhere on the web site explaining the problem and indicating a fix; (4.) has a (plain, old) fax machine so clogged with incoming faxes that it kicks back any further ones. I hope both of their US employees read this, and get some help soon, so others will not be tempted to use this crappy product. I would never, ever, go near their products again, and I will certainly tell everyone within earshot not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.