Urgent!!! Nod32 and SQL on a domain

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cpuguy, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpuguy

cpuguy Registered Member

I rolled out a 1 server (2000)and 9 workstation (XP Pro) AntiVirus install at a call center. I uninstalled McAfee ASAP (the server) and Norton System Works 2003 on all the workstations. These clients use a program called AccuCall to answer phones. The software being run on the system is AccuCall SBX. More information about the software being run can be found here

I have imon disabled for the server, and havent setup the mirrors. The clients have Nod32 setup like Blackspears reccomendation.

AFTER I installed all this the operators complained that they were having to log back into the AccuCall software. Others complained that the AccuCall software was not showing them as being signed on.

They dont get logged off of Windows just this software which is running on the server. Please help because I had to pitch this AntiVirus install to them and I dont want to lose a customer or them lose any clients because their calls are getting dropped.

Problem #2
    Getting updates. I'm using WebBlocker (prompts you for a username and password) on a Watchguard SOHO 6TC firewall. I cant get updates without manually opening up a web browser and putting in my WebBlocker username and password. RUMPSTAH and I tried all sorts of configuring for proxy, lan...everything. Still nothing worked.

The funny thing about all this is that Norton had an HTTP authentication username and password field in which I put my WebBlocker username/passoword and TADAH!!!

I havent even got paid for the AntiVirus software from the company yet nor the install. I spent $500............. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

have u tried setting the program to compatibility mode in imon?

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Or if that doesn't work you could try excluding it from IMON all together in the IMON setup 'Miscelaneous' tab

4. cpuguy

cpuguy Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. IMON is not running on the SQL server.

RUMPSTAH had told me to disable network scanning so I did that. I wont know it this works until Monday though.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure IMON's icon is actually gray and not red.

6. cpuguy

cpuguy Registered Member

It is grey, but my face is red from anxiety....

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If it's actually grey then NOD32 should have no impact on SQL. Just in case, try setting default file extensions instead of all files to scan in AMON's setup.

8. cpuguy

cpuguy Registered Member

RUMPSTAH had told me to disable network scanning in AMON. I did and today nobody has a dropped call.

The biggest thing now is getting updates. You see this WebBlocker service pops up a Java applet and you put your username and password in there. Now you have web access. However, Nod32 cannot get updates unless someone is at the server and done this. Then the service times out after 15 mins. I only need to get updates from the server. So I need a way of setting up Nod32 to do this. Like I said before, Norton had a way that it could pull the updates after I entered the WebBlocker username and password in one of their authentication fields.

Perhaps I could do this: Set the timeout to WebBlocker for 90 mins and then Nod32 would check for updates every hour so it would reset the timer thus keeping Web Access on the server. This is a work around, but that might be all I can do for now.

9. cpuguy

cpuguy Registered Member

My users at the call center are still getting knocked out of calls. Am I to disable the whole AV program?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.