Urgent Help needed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by icmc, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icmc

icmc Registered Member

Urgent Help needed Acronis loader not loading

o_O Hi all
    Hope someone can help with this problem
    I have Acronis True Image home 10. It installs fine and as I can see it will make an Image.
    But I am unable to do a recovery.
    Everytime I want to recover it will hang in the beginning telling me Acronis Loader is starting. And that is it. Then I have to get my XP CD and fix the MBR as it always will start from the MBR with the Acronis loader.
    F11 no chance. Starting from the Acronis CD the same will not start.
    I have been in touch with support and they sent me a link which now has expired on how to use BartPE. I have to say useless as all screenshots where from older versions.
    Usually I am not a complete idiot and solve PC problems but this one has really got me and I am close to throwing the product out of the window.
    Is there someone who can help by either getting a fix to use the CD or onhow to set-up BartPE and the usage of it.
    One more thing: I need assistance really fast as I have to recover.

What I don't understand is that when I had the trial version it worked without a problem and I do have the newest build.
    Thx

I use WIN XP x64

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. techtype

techtype Registered Member

On the first screen, where you choose safe or full version, press F11. Then press tab to get the cursor to the right place, then press the right arrow key, then space bar. Type noapic. The line should read "quiet noapic" now without the quotes. Press enter. Then pick the Full Version. It should start without hanging.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

4. icmc

icmc Registered Member

Hi techtype.
    Thx for answering
    Maybe I am missing something but when the loader starts there is no page coming up. It just says 'Starting Acronis loader...' and that ends all. no F11 key nothing only thing is reboot.

Cheers Ian

5. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

If you have a USB drive powered up while booting from the Acronis Rescue CD, the CD might be trying to get the USB drive to boot before your internal drive.

Keep the USB OFF while booting and see what happens. Then power up the USB drive, wait till the Acronis menu comes up. Before selecting "Restore" power up the USB drive. Once in Restore, in the Command line, type the Windows drive letter for your USB drive and see if you get the list of your archived files as a dropdown menu or in the Structure tree. Select the appropriate file and on the right you will see what it contains.

6. icmc

icmc Registered Member

7. icmc

icmc Registered Member

Don't have any USB drives have also disconnected the complete USB hub

Cheers Ian

8. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Ian,

I wish I had a quick solution for you, as I had (have) the exact same problem. I went back and forth with Acronis for quite awhile when I had Version 9, they tried to help, and ended up sending me a custom iso file for a rescue disk. The problem persists on my computer under Version 10. I solved the problem on my system by installing this card: Adaptec 1205SA (sil3112) PCI to SATA and attaching my 320GB drive to it. Now the standard TI rescue disks work as they should. Each time Acronis posts a new release or version I attach the HD back to the MB, so far no joy, it still locks up at Starting Acronis Loader. Here is my configuration, what I see in common is the 74GB Raptor drive.

EDIT: BartPE also was a solution for me.

EDIT: I should add that I have a second machine, same CPU, MB and RAM, that has two Maxtor SATA 1 HDDs that has never had this problem. Also that the newest release, 4942, has not helped.

Good luck, CatFan

Asus MB K8N
    AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor
    NVidia nForce 3 platform drivers
    NVidia GE Force FX5200 video Adapter
    1 GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM
    WD Raptor 74GB HD SATA 1
    WD 320 GB HD SATA 1
    Lite-on DVD-RW drive SHM-165H6S
    Lite-on Combo drive 5232 K
    Adaptec 1205SA (sil3112) PCI to SATA card
    WinXP SP2
    Acronis True Image 10, build 4940

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  9. icmc

icmc Registered Member

Until i haven't had any luck. Still same problem with trying to build the PE.
    If this doesn't work I will get myself another imaging S/W and sell this.
    Any buyerso_O?

Thx Ian

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello icmc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What is the problem trying to build a BartPE disk? You several threads going all discussing the same issue. There have been several suggestions to you yet you have not clearly defined the problem so we can help you.

12. icmc

icmc Registered Member

Hi Thomas

I will try to explain the whole problem again

I have Acronis installed on a WIN Xp x64 machine
    I have made an image and I am trying to do a recovery now.
    This doesn't work. If I start the recovery from the program (which then automatically reboots the machine) or from the CD.
    Always the same 'starting acronis loader...' Nothing else will happen.
    I then have to re-build the MBR to be able to start into windows again.
    I have built a recovery cd from the newest build. The PC will not start from there and jump over the Cd into the start up sequence of the c drive and believe me cd is first boot option.
    Trying to build a bart pe is not working as i do undertsand it cannot be done from a x64 system.
    I have then tried to take the i386 from another xp disk and still i am getting errors that it will not want to build a cd for me with my drivers for the sata drives.
    So where do i go from here
    Thx Ian

13. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

BartPE does not support X64 at all so you most likely won't be able to use it. I see support has asked for your incident number. Have you responded to them for help.

14. icmc

icmc Registered Member

I have sent the Request number
    Hi Marat
    this is the number i got

Thx for your help

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello icmc,

Please note that at this point the investigation of this issue would be much easy to continue through the e-mail, because the process will include exchange of certain files, create logs, etc.

I have contacted the appropriate person in the Acronis Support Team and you should receive the further instructions shortly.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.