upravitelj opravil sister

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by robtlmiller, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robtlmiller

robtlmiller Registered Member

Hello All,

I downloaded and ran a program called soluto, which shortens boot time by identifying what programs run at startup and allows the startup of items to be delayed or prevented from starting at all.

It came up with the above-named process. I immediately used soluto to turn it "off", and next did a google search. This brought up some pages that had to be translated, but their content made no sense to me. I then did a full system scan with Norton Internet Security 2011 which flagged nothing. Last I ran Regedit which could not find anything.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks ahaed of time!

Best Regards,
    Bob

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Try scanning with the following:

1. Download/Install/Update and run a full scan/clean with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

2. Download and run a full scan/clean with SuperAntiSpyware Portable.

3. Scan/clean with the AVIRA Rescue System CD. Malware signatures are up-to-date at the time of the download of the AVIRA Rescue CD.

4. Update/scan/clean with the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. "Crank-up" the Heuristics Setting to Maximum, and see what shows up in the scan. A Maximum sensitivity setting for the Heuristics may produce a lot of false positives.

5. Update/scan/clean with the GData BootCD. It uses both Bitdefender and Avast engines. If possible, "Crank-up" the Heuristics Setting to Maximum, and see what shows up in the scan. A Maximum sensitivity setting for the Heuristics may produce a lot of false positives.

6. Scan/clean with DrWeb Cureit. Malware signatures are up-to-date at the time of the download. I would just do only the default "Express" Scan since a "Full" Scan may take several hours.

I would probably make sure that I do the scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware Portable and DrWeb Cureit (Express Scan). If time permits, run some of the other scans, beginning with Kaspersky (set at Maximum Heuristic sensitivity).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  3. robtlmiller

robtlmiller Registered Member

Thank you to "The Kid"

I believe I found the answer. One of the pages Google came up with is a forum called "ITNovice". In the translation of one of the replies in the thread Google found were the words "Process Explorer". I then used iGoogle to translate the phrase "upravitelj opravil sister". iGoogle indicated it is Slovenian and the English translation is "Task Manager sister". I run both Process Explorer and What's Running, both of which are Systernals programs written by Mark Russanovich. It appears the process in question replates to one of them.

Again, thanks to "The Kid" as well as all . . .

Best Regards,
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.