uploadm.exe new virus??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by lndscapr, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lndscapr

lndscapr Registered Member

Processguard trial version found this file in my windows folder, and I am not sure if it is a false alarm or not. I have SP2 for XP Pro, and use Avast 4.5, Dr Web antivirus running in the background. XoftSpy 4.04 didn't find it, nor did adAware 6 or the antivirus programs I use. My firewall is the SP2 standard XP Firewall

It was called a virus at this URL: http://www.i-eye.de/archive/32704-New_virus_found.php

please advise.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi lndscapr,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

I am not really sure what you mean about PG finding it unless you mean PG alerted you to its runng...
    I have the same OS as you and there is a legitimate windows file by that name (see screenshot). If the file in question has the same properties and location as this, I would say all is OK.

You may want to scan the file at Jotti's to doublecheck.

HTH...

Attached Files:

4. lndscapr

lndscapr Registered Member

Thank you both for your insight. I tested the file with http://virusscan.jotti.dhs.org/, and it proved to be fine. This was the first time I had seen ProcessGuard notify me of something out of the blue like this, and I am still early on in my evaluation of the software.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi lndscapr, You will find out that many processes are run in the backround and ProcessGuard will alert on every one of them. Of course, most will be trusted windows files which can be given the "Permit always" allow. This is PG's first line of fefence ;)

Enjoy. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.