Uploading pictures?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by yvonne, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Registered Member

Thanks Peaches...I have a question already :D I tried to put a picture on my post from my documents folder and it didn't show up.I pressed the browse button and the little window came up, I found the avatar I wanted and it went into that box at the bottom of the reply box!! But didn't show up when I posted! Go figure? [move]HELP!!![/move] Thanks...yvonne

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Re:The \\\"Thankyou Jooske!\\\" thread

Allowed file types: txt,jpg,gif,mpg,png,lng,tif,jpeg
    Maximum attachment size allowed: 100 KB ??

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Like such a thing?

Attached Files:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi yvonne,

Well, you've mentioned two different things in your question. The first is attaching a picture to a post here in the forum. This is mostly for "screen shots", the ability to show people a picture of something you are seeing on your PC. It's very helpful when trying to explain a problem or answering a question. The information Dolf posted above explains the filetypes that are allowed and the maximum size.

See this Frequently Asked Question for more on posting attachments:

FAQ: Screen Shots and Image Posting

The key to successfully posting a screen image here is that you must prepare your post first, previewing it as you wish, and only just before hitting the post button, you attach your image. You see, if you try to attach an image and use the preview button before posting, the forum software will not be able to post the picture.

The second thing you mentioned is avatars. Those are handled a little differently. You manage those right inside the profile editing screen. Here is an FAQ for that:

FAQ: Uploading Personal Avatars (v2)

I hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice