Upgrading your license: the more PCs you add, the more you pay?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Lithos, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithos

Lithos Registered Member

I did everything, nothing could detect that son of an ad.

But I found a Firefox extension installed and active that I suspect is the culprit. No descriptions, can't be uninstalled and with the convenient name of "Z" (without the quotes of course), so it gets located right at the end and chances are we miss it when checking without much attention.

It is disabled now, waiting for my wife to tell me if the issue is really gone.

Thanks again for your help.

You reminded me of Norton DNS, we (me and my wife) will use it from now on (already have it in my desktop PC).

I will also uninstall Prevx here and install it on my wife's laptop. She is careless, click on everything (once I found 23 viruses and almost 50 adwares/spywares in her laptop), so Prevx will be much more useful there. To tell the truth, I feel I was hasty buying it. Nothing but problems so far, and the latest one is that the app refuses to start with windows, no matter what.

Thanks for the tips. ;)

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

If you run Firefox as Admin, then you'll be able to remove some addons that are normally not removable. If that doesn't work, go to about:support in Firefox, that will have a list of your addons, check which ID belongs to the Z addon, and click the Open folder button near the top of the page. This will open the folder where your Firefox profile is saved. Then open the subfolder "extensions" and there you will see folders named after the ID's on the about:support page. You can then delete the folder who's name is corresponding with the ID of the Z addon(make sure Firefox is closed before deleting.) Then the addon should be definitively gone ;)

3. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

Maybe you should try getting rid of Firefox and see if that changes things. I was using Firefox and Chrome, but had various browsing issues, which may or may not have been directly related to Prevx and/or SafeOnline. I went back to Internet Explorer and everything seems much better, of course I am not using Prevx or SafeOnline anymore either:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.