Upgrading v3 Clients

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by angelo_lopes, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

I sent an e-Mail to Eset's support, no reply. Hopefully anyone will help me here.

We have 173 Clients. Only 15 have NOD32 version 3.

We have RA Server and console 2.0.56.

On the server we have NOD32 2.70.39 with the Mirror configured. Version 2 Clients update fine there.

I can't find how to configure for the Version 3 Clients to update via Server.

Document http://www.eset.eu/knowledge-base/setup-of-mirror tells me "proceed to Advanced setup... > Update > Advanced update setup > click the button Setup... and select the Mirror tab" but I can't find where this is.

I don't find this "Advanced" either in the Server's Console, in the Client, in the XML configuration I created with ESET Configuration Editor. English not being my mother language, I guess I am missing some screenshots.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. Damon85

Damon85 Registered Member

In the RA Console, go to Tools > Server Options...

On the Updates tab, you will need to put in your ESET user ID and password in the top section so that the RA server can retrieve the updates, then in the bottom section, you want to create the mirror. The other settings will be determined based on how you want the updates to be distributed. You may want to go ahead and hit the 'Update Now' button as well, as clients won't be able to update from the RA server until it downloads the updates from ESET.

I believe the instructions you referenced are actually for setting up a version 3 client to distribute updates, but you're better off using the RA server to do that. Incidentally, you may want to consider upgrading to a later version of the RA server and console, as ESET has added an option for the RA server to distribute updates for v2 and v3 clients.

3. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

Thank you very much, Damon85! I didn't think about going through the Menus, I was only looking to the xml configuration file. Great Help!

I also upgraded to the latest version of the RA server and Console as you told me and disabled the mirror on the Administrator version Client.

Version 3 Clients are updating fine. For version 2 Clients to update, I will have to create a Task to change update path from \\ServerName\dat\nod_upd to \\ServerName\dat\nod_upd\nod32v2.

This NEW nod32v2 folder was automagically created by Sir NOD32.

Have a great weekend ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.