Upgrading to EAV 4/Thunderbird 3 changed dates of email

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by T-RHex, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

I just upgraded to NOD EAV 4.2.35 and also upgraded Thunderbird from 2 to 3 (both using IMAP). Of course it was to take advantage of the new NOD32 integration into TBird.

I like to know NOD is scanning my email, so I set "append tag messages to received and read email" to "To all scanned email".

This works fine within TBird, but when I accessed the IMAP email account from another system (webmail), all the dates were changed to the current date (ie. when the mail was scanned). The original dates still show within TBird (even though synchronization is turned off).

Was this because NOD scanned all the existing email and appended the tag message to each email message? Or is this a TBird issue?

Thanks,
    tr

2. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

Can you tell me how did you tuned off synchronization. Which options in Tbird?
    Tb3 synchronizes all folders by default (this has changed to tb3).

Even thought you have checkbox Keep all messages for this account on this computer off it doesn’t mean, that tb doesn’t synchronize messages. Click to advanced button to see which folders are synchronized.

I guess it is because NOD scanned it and you have enabled synchronization for inbox folder.

3. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, estbird.
    It looks like it was because of the synchronization. I had changed the setting in the middle of TBird 3's first restart after the upgrade, so it had rescanned the first 1/3 of the inbox and changed the dates on those due to the tag message. The remaining 2/3 were unchanged so that must've been the point at which I interrupted the synchronization.

It was just an unexpected consequence of updating to TBird 3 and it automatically choosing to synchronize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.