Upgrading to a newer version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by devolic, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devolic

devolic Registered Member

(1) When I upgrade I can install over the previous version? Are there any certain instructions to follow? Or are there certain radio buttons to tick?

(2) Will my settings be retained or will I lose them?

2. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

yes you caninstall right over the older build.
    yes you can keep your settings as long as you choose the option to do so. The option will popup during the installation. Just make sure you read before click.

I would recomend clearing the update cache once you have installed the newer version.

Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET→ ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Press F5 to open the Advanced Setup window.

From the Advanced Setup tree, click Update.

Make sure that your Update server is set to Choose automatically and your Username and Password are entered correctly.

Important! Make sure your username and password are entered exactly as they are written in your ESET registration email. The username is in the format EAV-12345678 and the hyphen is required. Both the username and password are case sensitive. The password should be ten characters long and all lowercase. If you are copying and pasting, make sure a blank character is not being included in the string. Also, we do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead), a big 0 is the number zero (0), a little o is the letter o.

Clear the update cache by clicking Clear... and then click OK.

Restart your computer.

After restart, open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET→ ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. In the main program window, click Update → Update virus signature database.

3. IRBM

IRBM Registered Member

how do I get the latest Security 4, It looks like I have to do a trial download.
    and when I do that, I cannot get past the log in with the username and password. it loops back to the sign in.
    there must be an easier way to get my program to update? this is a lot of work for something simple.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.