upgrading RA

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by aluminex, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

I would like to upgrade my ver 3 of RA to the new version 4 and was wondering if there are any issues in doing so? If possible I would like a way to back out of the upgrade and restore my old config if necessary.

The last upgrade wiped all of my data...

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi aluminex,

This article shows which folders should be backed up before the upgrade.

BFG

3. aluminex

This is not good!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. aluminex

I have managed to get all data except my policy information back. I would have rather lost everything except my policies. I have the actual .dat files but when I copy them over and restart the service they get deleted.

5. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

If I remember correctly from when I upgraded from v3 to v4 and lost everything also, that I was able to recover from the dat files. The dat files are nothing more than XML files. You can rename them *.xml and IE will open them and you can view the contents. However the straight dat file won't import directly into the Configuration Editor without tweaking the XML tags.

Setup a test Policy and set a couple options then do an export from the Configuration Editor and look at the top/bottom of the XML and you should see the differences between the Export and the DAT file. Remote the tags from the top and bottom of the DAT file that are not in the export file and then you should be able to import your old DAT files into a new Policy. You'll have to setup your Policy tree again first however.

6. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Here you go. Rename the dat files to *.xml. Open in Notepad.

At the top of the XML, immediately following the "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" string remove the following:

Code:
    <ESET> <RA>  <POLICY>   <FORCE>   </FORCE>   <OVERLAP>   </OVERLAP>   <ACTUAL>
    At the very bottom of the XML remove the following:

Code:
    </ACTUAL>   </TMP>  </POLICY> </RA></ESET>
    You'll now have an XML file that can be imported into the Configuration Editor. You'll still need to re-create your Policy tree before you can import. You'll also have to figure out which DAT correspond to your Policies.

7. aluminex

Rockshox

Thank you for your help. I was able to recover all of my policy's...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.