Upgrading from TI 8 to 11- Worth it?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brachd, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brachd

brachd Registered Member

I am quite happy with TI 8 but wondered if I should upgrade to the latest version?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

In a word ... NO.

If 8 is doing all you want stay with it, unless there are new features in 11 that you need to use. But read other users messages and the problems they are running into.

3. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

No, absolutely not!
    As someone else on here said ," leave it alone" . (If it aint broke then don't fix it) ! :D

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

As of 12/2/07, ATI 11 is not ready for release, imo. 9 or 10, fine, at least for most users, but 11, not yet.

Some of the more serious reported probs:
    Doesn't run scheduled tasks sometimes;
    Doesn't manage Incs properly in Backup Locations;
    BootCD doesn't recognize some Intel RAIDS that prior versions dealt with fine;
    Hangs when backing up moderately large number of files/dirs when doing a My Data backup -- yet it can backup up everyone of the same files if you backup them up in smaller groups doing multiple backups; When it hangs, you have to kill the trueimagehomeservice process to stop the program.

There are smaller things like:
    Progress indicators can be wonky sometimes.
    Doing a restore seems to corrupt a Device Manager, Hidden Devices, Generic Drive entry which causes the safely remove hardware function in windows to generate error messages -- this seems to happen maybe only on some machines;
    . . .

5. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

I am not having any problems with V11 on my Vista Home Basic machine, but I only have V11 because my Win98SE machine went up in smoke and V8 doesn't get along with Vista.

As to advice, I have to agree with the notion, that if V8 is doing the job for you, why spend the money for V11. There has to be ways to spend it that are more fun or more rewarding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.