Upgrading from B&R - 10 Home to B&R - 11 Home ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

What is the procedure for upgrading from B&R 10 - Home ti B&R 11 - Home ?, Specifically:

.... 1) Do I need to first use Control Panel, Add Remove Pgms to first Un-Install the B&R - 10 Home version -- or -- do I just run B&R 11 Home install and it will install on top of the old version, effectively replacing the old B&R 10 Version ?

.... 2) Can I leave the old version 10 Archive-db File and it will then upgrade the Vers. 10 - Archive_db File to a Vers. 11 - Archive_db File, thus retaining all my existing Archive database entries ?
    -- OR --
    do I need to delete the Vers. 10 - Archive_db File before installing the New Version 11 of B&R - Home which would then mean that following install of vers. 11 I would have to Add all my previous Archives back into the Archive Database ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Please uninstall version 10 first and restart your PC. Then run installation for version 11.

There is no need to delete archive DB folder. version 11 is compatible with archive base of version 10.
    Most probably there will be no need to add all archives to new base manually.

3. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Mech_An,

Thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.