upgrading disk size in a Server 2K raid system

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dphsell, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dphsell

dphsell Registered Member

I tried for hours to upgrade from a 40 gig mirrored drive with both a boot partition and a logical partition without success.
    The duplication was accomplished by using Migrate Easy 7 to copy the entire 40 gig mirrored drive to a single 80 gig drive then switching it out and mirroring the 80 gig thru the raid utility. I kept getting an error on reboot that stated that the server's directory services could not be started and that I needed to reboot in "directory services recover mode" which I did. I restored the system data backup but that did not help.

After reading some other posts I am wondering if I needed to copy the 40 gig raid drive array directly to the 80 gig drive array?
    Do the drives need to be the same brand ( I have 40 gig Maxtor IDE and 80 gig Seagate IDE)?
    Do I need to run sysprep? and if so what do I need to be carefull of?
    please advise.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dphsell,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please remember that in order to clone your Windows system to a different hardware (including a different RAID configuration), you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep)
    Please read this FAQ article describing the system preparation.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.