Upgraded to 11 and no longer works.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JimB17, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimB17

JimB17 Registered Member

I've had earlier versions and had no problems for years. Just upgraded to 11 and it does not run correctly. Three issues so far:

1) It did not transfer scheduled backups so recreated them, but the new program forgets them when loading and says no backups created! Once you fiddle around you can find them again, but re-rerunning the program says no backups.

2) Backups do not complete. The one am trying stops at 20% and does not continue. It is set to High Priority but just sitting there.

3) Backups do not cancel. Trying to stop the hung backup does not function.

Put in a customer support email but thought I would alert others that something is amiss now in what seemed like solid software from V8.0.

-Jim

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did you install for all users or just your log on?

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JimB17,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try uninstalling Acronis True Image, rebooting and reinstalling again for all users, as bodgy suggested.

If the issue persists, please create screenshots of the problem screens. Then send a reply to the message with Acronis request number. Attach all the collected files to your reply along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. banders100

banders100 Registered Member

Same thing is happening to me. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I re-installed with "all users", but same problems persists.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Did you install the latest update?

6. banders100

banders100 Registered Member

Latest Update is installed.

7. Acronis Support

Hello banders100,

Could you please clarify, which of the problems described by JimB17 do you encounter?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. syscore

syscore Registered Member

Same problem as others. Installed trial and tried to backup a folder. Backup hung halfway through but on a particular sub-folder. Removed the sub-folder and backup worked flawlessly. Ran backup with sub-folder but with no compression and it worked flawlessly.

The folder contains a couple very large text files (60mb). It seems that the compression either hangs or is so slow that it virtually hangs on these files.

Other than that I like the software. (But this has to be fixed before I buy it)

Thanks

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Are you attempting file by file backups in ATI 11? If so, there is a known bug in ATI 11 where, on some setups, it hangs partway through a a file by file backup -- it's not a particular file or size of files etc that seems the be the reason for the hang. However, if you turn of encryption for the file by file back, it will probably will work.

10. syscore

syscore Registered Member

file by file backup? Would that be simply backing up a folder? Yes, a simple backup of a folder. Encryption? Do you mean compression? I never gave the backup a password so I assume it wasn't encrypted. I tried again with no compression and it failed. Could you direct me to the tech doc/article that describes this bug? This is very discouraging.

11. Acronis Support

Hello syscore,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Marat Setdikov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.