Upgraded Firefox & it was no longer in the DW untrusted list?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by muf, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muf

muf Registered Member

I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.14 from 3.x.xx(don't recall exact number but was version 3). Anyway, noticed when running Firefox that DW no longer showed me it was running it untrusted. I looked in DW's list of untrusted apps and it was no longer there. I had to add it again. Never noticed this behaviour before. Is this normal because it feels like a pretty big hole to me. If I hadn't have noticed then I could have been browsing without Firefox running as untrusted and that could turn out very bad. Fortunately, I also run Sandboxie and that had Firefox running sandboxed. But some people may only use DW and depending on the websites they visit, they could literally be bent over with their pants round their ankles ready for a right good reaming!

Just my thoughts and concerns.

Oh, and it is DW version 2.56

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

muf, what's your Windows version?

4. muf

muf Registered Member

Hi Ilya,

It's Windows XP SP2.

Thanks.

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I did update 3.0.14 to 3.5.3 at a test virtual computer and have had no single issue ("periodically check for untrusted apps" was switched off). Strange issue.

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Ilya, It's the first time I've noticed this. Maybe a one off clitch. I really don't know. What I will do is check the next time I upgrade Firefox. If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Thanks for taking a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.