Upgrade Versions For TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Let me see if I have this right:

The $29.99 upgrade to TI 10 offered on the web site can be installed even if a prior version is not installed on the hard disk, so long as you have a valid serial number from a prior version to input during the installation.

The $19.99 upgrade many of us received via e-mail requires a prior version to already be installed on the hard disk. In other words, it can only be installed over a prior version.

Correct?

Presuming for the moment that I am correct, what is the logic behind this dual approach?

2. bulldog356

Just got my answer from the Acronis chat line. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting Acronis! The chat operator will be with you approximately in 0 minute(s) and 9 seconds. Thank you for waiting.

Chat Information - You are now chatting with 'Andrew'
    Andrew: Hello, thank you for contacting Acronis Sales Team. My name is Andrew how can I assist you?
    Bulldog: Hi Andew. I have a question about upgrading from True Image 9 Home to the new True Image 10 Home. Specifically, what is the difference between the $29.99 upgrade offered on the web site and the $19.99 upgrade offer I received via e-mail?
    Andrew: Please note that upgrade offer from our e-mail is the promo action and you will get same version for lower price.
    Bulldog: So, you're saying it's the identical software with a promotional price?
    Andrew: This is correct.
    Bulldog: That's great. Just to be sure now...I can do a 'clean install' with the $19.99 software? By that I mean I uninstall v9 and then install v10? I know it's not necessary, but it's something I like to do.
    Andrew: Yes, you can do it, all you need to be able to install Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is your old and new serial numbers and the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home installation file.
    Bulldog: Terrific. Well I'm going to take the $19.99 offer now before you guys change your mind. ;) Many thanks for your help.

3. bulldog356

Now that I think of it...I've looked through my e-mail and can't find anything about a $19.99 upgrade. Could this be my first "senior moment"?

4. Phil B.

Phil B. Registered Member

Could be your first "Senior Moment" but probably not your last.

I was running ATI 8 and downloaded the $29.99 ATI 10.0 Upgrade. Did not uninstall ATI 8. Installed ATI 10.0 in the same folder as ATI 8. Only asked for one serial number, ATI 10.0. I had ATI 8 serial number but it never asked for it.

Phil B.

5. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I never got one of those $19.99 offers either.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The standard upgrade cost USD29.99. I never got a USD19.99 upgrade offer too.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

So who did get a $19.99 offer to upgrade to ATI 10? I paid the $29.99.

8. como

como Registered Member

Me, but the offer is time restricted

Have you elected to receive offers from Acronis see below?

9. shieber

I received an email today from Acronis announcing 10. It offered upgrade for $29.99.

10. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

When did you get your email? Since I signed up in May, ...I have not gotten ONE email from Acronis at all. :(

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Check your spam box at your ISP - Acronis emails sometimes end up in there.

I've actually received two, 'please buy' emails from Acronis this time around, the latest last night (my time), for v9 I got one about 1.5 months after it had been launched.

Colin

12. shieber

I've been using ATI since version 8 and the email yesterday is the first I ever got from ATI re an upgrade or update. I have pretty comprehensive spam filtering but I always check my filtered spammail before I actually delete it. So, the email yesterday was indeed the 1st email from ATI re upgrades or updates.

I have recieved emails from support in response to requests for support, but that's a whole diff thing.

I even have a 1st priority filter that moves any email with Acronis in the text to special directory, which prevents it from being handled by any spamm filters. Nope, the emails just haven't been coming unitl the one that came yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.