Upgrade to V3 Business Edition

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cosmo32, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

1st-I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am confused. :doubt:
    2nd-I can not decode which files to I need to download to update from v2.70.39/v1.0.15.1 to whatever is the new V3 "Business Edition."

Somehow I seem to be missing the LAN Update Server (ndntenad.exe) section of this solution in the what I see on the Download page at ESET.
    I do NOT see this option on the V3 list. What have I missed?

I go to the V3 Business Edition list and see:
    eavbe_nt32_enu.msi {think this is the client A/V stuff ?} :doubt:
    era_console_nt32_enu.msi {Really hope this is the RAC!} :doubt:
    era_server_nt32_enu.msi {Comprehend this as the RAS..} :doubt:

Am I correct that Version 3 Business DOES NOT NEED at special Lan Update Server application?
    Thank you. Sorry again if I am just too stupid.
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nov 22, 2002
    After you install a Business Edition license key, the mirror feature will become enabled in the update setup. Alternatively you can set up the mirror for v2/v3 by means of ERA.
  3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you Marcos. I understand that the mirror feature is key controlled.
    Does this mean that the new file, eavbe_nt32_enu.msi, contains both the 'old' Lan Update Server and the normal a/v duties for the server?
    Still confused. :doubt:
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes . When you install EAV 3.0 on the server machine and change the NOD32 settings so that you insert the .lic file , Mirror option will appear in the Update advanced settings . Mirror can also be performed by the ERA v2 . If you are going to have mixed environment , ERA providing the updates is easier to manage , I think , because it will be the one providing updates for both v3 and v2 products on the network .

Also , note this:
  5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Good Day! Thanks. Between Marcos and your share I now have the file set mystery solved. I believe that my current license expires at the end of this year. I do intend to renew it the same (V3BE); and, at that time plan to move my server and all clients fully to V3. I choose not to operate with a mixed LAN environment.
    Until this latest home server hiccup, I have had zero trouble with ESET's V2-EE file set. So, all is trouble-free here (again). :D
    I will check out your shared link also. Thanks again. I only wished to be certain which files did what. Now I know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.