Upgrade to V3 Business Edition

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cosmo32, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

All,
    1st-I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am confused. :doubt:
    2nd-I can not decode which files to I need to download to update from v2.70.39/v1.0.15.1 to whatever is the new V3 "Business Edition."

Somehow I seem to be missing the LAN Update Server (ndntenad.exe) section of this solution in the what I see on the Download page at ESET.
    I do NOT see this option on the V3 list. What have I missed?

I go to the V3 Business Edition list and see:
    eavbe_nt32_enu.msi {think this is the client A/V stuff ?} :doubt:
    era_console_nt32_enu.msi {Really hope this is the RAC!} :doubt:
    era_server_nt32_enu.msi {Comprehend this as the RAS..} :doubt:

Am I correct that Version 3 Business DOES NOT NEED at special Lan Update Server application?
    Thank you. Sorry again if I am just too stupid.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

After you install a Business Edition license key, the mirror feature will become enabled in the update setup. Alternatively you can set up the mirror for v2/v3 by means of ERA.

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you Marcos. I understand that the mirror feature is key controlled.
    Does this mean that the new file, eavbe_nt32_enu.msi, contains both the 'old' Lan Update Server and the normal a/v duties for the server?
    Still confused. :doubt:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes . When you install EAV 3.0 on the server machine and change the NOD32 settings so that you insert the .lic file , Mirror option will appear in the Update advanced settings . Mirror can also be performed by the ERA v2 . If you are going to have mixed environment , ERA providing the updates is easier to manage , I think , because it will be the one providing updates for both v3 and v2 products on the network .

Also , note this:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=210530

5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

HiTech_Boy,
    Good Day! Thanks. Between Marcos and your share I now have the file set mystery solved. I believe that my current license expires at the end of this year. I do intend to renew it the same (V3BE); and, at that time plan to move my server and all clients fully to V3. I choose not to operate with a mixed LAN environment.
    Until this latest home server hiccup, I have had zero trouble with ESET's V2-EE file set. So, all is trouble-free here (again). :D
    I will check out your shared link also. Thanks again. I only wished to be certain which files did what. Now I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.