Upgrade to V 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimmytop, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

I am a registered user of TI version 8 which I got directly from Acronis web site. I have not visited the forums lately and the site is not clear. So my question is, can I upgrade to version 9 for free? If so, what is the link to get there from here?
    Thanks for any help

2. backman

backman Registered Member

I believe the free upgrade to version 9 was only for those who had purchased within the 30 days preceding the TI9 release. For all others it is a paid upgrade. Reduced price, but paid.

Terry

3. drew21

drew21 Registered Member

It **would** be nice if Acronis posted their upgrade policy in plain sight.

It would be even better if said policy didn't suck.

I just spent 49.95 on TI8 @ my local retailer (yesterday) only to discover that it's already obsolete when I logged on to Acronis's site to register. "My Account" page shows that I can upgrade to TI9 for $29.99

Thanks Acronis..., but don't hold your breath.

Perhaps the most important question is whether **any** build of TI8 or TI9 actually works even remotely as advertised, and if so which one? If anyone can post a link to such a thread I'd certainly be grateful.

On their product packaging, Acronis mentions **nothing** about needing UDF support in order to archive to DVDs. I suppose this little matter just convieniently slipped their mind? Even more curious that even the error message generated on an unsuccessful burn fails to mention anything about this either. I pity any novice user who purchases this product, because many of them will never get this product to work, and most of them will never know why. Fortunately for me, I'm a techie, so this 'lapse' only cost me an hour of frustration, but I can't help but wonder what other little 'surprises' await me should I trust this product to safegaurd my data.

Guess this is just another sad case of "Caveat Emptor".

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As far as I know, you can upgrade for free if purchased with 30 days. I would email support@acronis.com and place a link back to this thread.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimmytop and drew21,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look my post #5 from this previous thread. It should answer your questions concerning our Upgrade Policy.

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the build that works perfectly on absolutely any imaginable software and hardware configuration which is obviously can not be achieved.

The point is that each new build fixes particular problems reported by Acronis customers, so if you encounter a problem with Acronis software, please report it on this forum or submit a request for technical support. By doing this you will ensure that this particular problem is known by Acronis and we'll do our best to analyze and fix it as soon as possible.

Please be aware that this fact is clearly stated at the Acronis True Image 9.0 System Requirements page.

You can also find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

drew21,

You haven't looked very hard if you haven't been able to find dozens of threads which state that ATI8 build 937 is very stable and works very well indeed for the vast majority of people.

Until recently, ATI9 has been a somewhat different case, but since the release of build 2323 nearly two weeks ago, the vast majority of users find that it works exactly as advertised. I'm one of them.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.