Upgrade to build TI8.0(771) and Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cjtc, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjtc

cjtc Registered Member

Does Uninstall trash the Secure Zone?

I've just purchased TI 8.0, being a refugee from PowerQuest V2i Protector (don't want to know since they were bought out by Syamntec!).

Originally loaded build 768 (installed on my e: drive, which is were all my non-OS programs go). Kept some backups in the Secure Zone and all went well.

Then downloaded and installed build 771 over the top. All of a sudden, TI didn't run any more because the RPC service wasn't available!

So, uninstalled completely and installed build 771 (again on E:) from scratch. Now works OK.

The point is, when I did the uninstall of 768 (which was the only way to successfully upgrade to 771), the uninstaller seemed to force me to delete my Secure Zone! This ain't good, since I then lost all my images, which was the last thing I wanted!

Is there a way around this? Is it possible to uninstall TI, keep the SZ and then have it rediscovered by the new install of TI?

TIA
    Chris

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.