Upgrade through NOD32 update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by metha, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metha

metha Registered Member

Is ESET planning to push client upgrade to version 3 on the current version 2 NOD32 clients through NOD32 update servers?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

yes - they are.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I hope not, because this would mean that people can't decide for themselves if they want to upgrade to v3.0 or not.

Furthermore I thought that v2.7 and v3.0 were incompatible, making an automatic update impossible. But perhaps I'm mistaken...

4. metha

metha Registered Member

Is there info about when they are planing to do this?

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I have not read this before. It fact, the opposite has been mentioned many times before due to all of the users wishing to remain with 2.7. (Not to mention that 2.7 is supposed to be supported for quite some time.) I'm extremely curious where we can verify this... o_O

6. YadaYada

YadaYada Registered Member

If they push 3.0 on people not wanting 3.0...is there a method to refund my money ?
    I only want 2.7 , and will go to a free AV before using 3.0(it gives me problems !).
    Hopefully, this is just a rumour.

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I was told it was coming as a component update - it WILL be optional.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

For those not wanting the Program upgrade or wanting it only when they desire, I would suggest checking your Update settings and consider selecting the appropriate choice if not already checked.

As for webyourbusiness answer above, it was a straight forward answer to a straight forward question. I do not feel "yes - they are" should be taken out of context. Eset has always provided program updates via the servers and for those not wishing an update for what ever reason has the ability via the program to select the appropriate option. No one has said in this thread or any other thread that I have viewed that Eset will be shoving this version or any version down someones throat unwillingly.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.