Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LenC, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I am about to retire a computer that has TI 9 running on it with a valid license.

Can I purchase an upgrade and install it (TI 11) on my new computer? Will it work even though TI 9 is not installed on the new computer? In my prior experience with some other software upgrades, it was necessary for the old software to be detected on the new computer. I hope that won't be the case here.

BTW, TI 9 worked flawlessly on my old computer running XP. I'm a little concerned about stability of TI 11 based on my readings on this message board. Are there any known issues relating to using TI 11 on an HP pavilion dv9500 notebook with vista sp1? I would be using TI 11 in a very basic mode - full backups to second internal HD - with no scheduling or other advanced features.

Thanks.

2. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi , Yes you can install version 11 on your new system . If you buy the upgrade ? When you go to try to install the upgrade version for 11 all you have to do is enter both license keys to get 11 install . I know this because that what I have done and it works everytime I do re-install my upgrade 11 version . Also if you are doing just the basic normal backup you wouldn't have any problems . Whenever I do it ? I always format the drive I am going to install the backup on and then add the backup . I LOVE this softwaqre for it , it take me less than 2 minuts to perform this backup . WOW , huh ?

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you're not using scheduling or advanced features then I would simply use the version 9 boot cd to do the backups. It will work for Vista.

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

As DwnNdrty says the boot CD will work with Vista, but if you have newer drives ( hard drives usb drives etc.) the CD may not see these newer drives. Try the Rescue CD and see if it sees all your drives and then do a test run.
    Good luck!

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I'll definitely try it. Thank you

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

It doesn't seem to work. I inserted my TI9 rescue disk and it booted up okay. But I get an error message - no hard drives found. The computer has, in fact, two internal hard drives.

Is there a workaround for this or do I have to go to TI 11?

Thanks,
    Len

7. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

Create a bartpe cd. Probably you have sata drives which require a sata driver to be found.

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There's no guarantee that ATI11 will see your drives either. Before you buy it try it, including the rescue CD. The trial version rescue CD has some limitations but it should at least let yo know if it sees your hard drives.

good luck

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I don't know if that can be done on his vista computer. I think Bartpe or Vistape has to be pointed at the serial number for TI in the registry, when making Bartpe, and that will not be present if TI cannot be installed.
    Hopefully someone will prove me wrong and know a workaround.
    LenC maybe start another post with the words Bartpe or Vistape in the title and state the problem there. I am always amazed at the knowledge of the people that frequent this forum. I have never had a problem that they couldn't assist me with.

10. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

I'm using the Ultimate version and ATI 11 . I gave TI 11 rescue disk a try to see whether it notice my sata drives and it does , though it doesn't have the correct letters assign to them but they are noticeable .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.