Upgrade Grace Period?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lart, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lart

lart Registered Member

About 2 weeks ago i bought the 10 Home Edition. After hearing of the release of the 11 version i found out, that there seems to be no grace period for a free or cheap upgrade. The german reseller states, that there is a fixed upgrade fee, no matter when you bought the full version, which is about 30€, compared to 50€ full price.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there any use to contact the developing company directly about this?
    I'am willing to pay a small fee for the upgrade, but i don't want to pay for this product almost twice in a one month period.

Chris

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Usually there is a free upgrade if you purchased the older version within 30 days of the release of the new version. Go to www.acronis.com and submit a support request there.

3. nosnoop

nosnoop Registered Member

Yes, it is 30 days.
    I just received my free ver 11 upgrade serial.

4. PaulKraemer

PaulKraemer Registered Member

How exactly did you go about getting it?

Thanks,
    Paul

5. MIDNIGHTBLACKCAT

MIDNIGHTBLACKCAT Registered Member

Please advise how you got thru to Acronis support to get your free upgrade.

I have been trying for days. I purchased my true image 10 home last week.
    I e mailed Acronis my confirming invoice and still have not received a reply. Is Acronis a 2 man operation.o_O?

6. CodeRunner

CodeRunner Registered Member

Actually I am quite impressed, I purchased TI10 just over a week ago only to get an email that I can get 40% off the upgrade. Man was I pissed and I sent them a comment from the main web page only to see later that it does not get replied to.

I then went to the site and logged on for support (Supplying the required information) and sent them a support request, less than 3 hours later I received the upgrade and new key.

I also have to say that I'm having a technical error and included my request with it. I logged into "My Account" and went to "Contact Support" then ""Report a problem with my product""

7. The Sand

The Sand Registered Member

I bought TI 10 in mid July.... and am not too happy hearing about 11 right now. I don't think there is much that can be done about it... non the less, I am non too happy.

Sandy

8. The Sand

Normally I let typos go but that was too pathetic. I meant, "None the less, I an none too happy"

having one of those days...

Sandy

9. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you purchased V10 within the past 30 days, contact Acronis Support with proof of purchase (iinvoice or email, etc). You will then be advised how to get your free update. You must initiate the first contact.

Many have found it is best to un-install v10 before installing V11. You will be asked to input your v10 serial number when installing the upgrade version.

Register your new v11 serial number to qualify for future builds and downloads.

10. The Sand

GroverH, do you recommend those with 10 upgradeo_O Or do you think it wise to wait and see if there are "bugs."

Are you going to use 11o_O

Sandy

11. GroverH

I have running v10 for about a year and it services my needs. No, I have not purchased the new upgrade but probably will so I can see what others are referring to. It's hard for me to offer advice until I can see what is happening.

If version 10 is meeting your needs, I see no reason to upgrade. I personally use ATI as an imaging/restoring function for the entire drive. I do not use or need all the "bells & whistles" that are included in v10 and now 11.

12. The Sand

Thanks GroverH, as soon as I posted that I thought maybe I put you on the spot and shouldn't have. I am grateful you answered and gave your advice - I see your help here all the time and appreciate your "responses."

I also use TI 10 for only imaging/restoring. I think I will stay with 10 because it's going so well. I used it twice last week on my Vista (Vista.... not real reliable yet.) It went perfectly. You can't ask for more than that...

Sandy

13. OttoSykora

OttoSykora Registered Member

I have just received an e-mail from the support, saying there will be no discount for anybody, thought I have bought my boxed version 10 on 30.aug.

They say there was plenty advertizing in computer magazines, so I should have been avare of new version comming out.

14. GroverH

Often times, the answer to your question depends upon how it is asked.

Recheck again. You're asking for a link to a free upgrade. You contact should be with Acronis Support. Login in (upper right corner) of the link below and send another request. Include proof of purchase within the past 30 days. I don't speak for Acronis but I would recheck. Numerous postings about having receiving free upgrades.

https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/index.html.

15. CodeRunner

CodeRunner Registered Member

If you registered your purchase on the Acronis website when you purchased it, then it seems easy to get the upgrade when asking from within you login account.

16. Skutr

Skutr Registered Member

Like others I contacted ACRONIS Support, provided proof of purchase , which was Sept 16 and they then emailed me with a TI 11 serial number and a link to where I could download it - all at no cost over my TI 10 purchase.

Fine Service!

Skutr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.