Upgrade from ver3 to ver4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Gti30, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gti30

Gti30 Registered Member

Just wanted to share with other users that I have been using ver3 for the last year on two XP laptops without any issues. I originally changed from using Norton Internet Security which didnt find a virus on one of my laptops but on a recommendation from a friend I tried ESET Smart Security and it found the virus no problem. I had also tried AVG & McAfee full versions on some of my friends PC's and they didnt find the virus either. I have just took out another subscription with ESET and decided to uninstall ver3 from both laptops (as per the ESET knowledge base), I installed ver4 and have been using it for the last week on both laptops without any issues so far. I was a bit sceptical as I had read so many problems on the forum about ver4 but decided to go ahead anyway. All I can say is that it has been seamless and I am extremely happy with the software. I also purchased another license and will be installing ver4 on my girlfriends PC when her Norton subscription expires in a couple of months. :)

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You made the right move my friend.:thumb:

ps. you cant always expect folks with no issues to post here, if they did the servers would go down.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.