Upgrade from 9 to 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by candle_66, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candle_66

candle_66 Registered Member

Hi. Love TI 9.

If I upgrade to 10 will it be a full install?

By that I mean in future would I have to reinstall 9 and then install the 10 upgrade?

Thanks

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi candle_66

I don't know. However, the upgrade from 8 to 9 permits only 9 to be installed, but you need to enter both serial numbers for 9 to install.

F.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Actually Acronis is very inept at making an upgrade you can install over a previous version without any problems. If they follow past practice with TI10, the downloads are full program and do not rely on a previous version being installed. However, the true upgrade package will ask you for the serial number of the previous version you are upgrading from as well as the new serial number for TI10.

In other words, guard your serial numbers well even if they are for a previous version.

4. Michael Kammer

Michael Kammer Registered Member

What is the deal? I purchased version 9.0 at Frys on the 10th of October, now I find out that I have to purchase an upgrade to version 10? Microsoft gives a better free upgrade policy than that!

I am really irritated.

5. seekforever

Apparently anybody who bought it within the last 30 days gets the upgrade to 10 free. Be sure you register it with Acronis.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you have 9 installed, you can install 10 over it. If you don't have 9 installed you can install 10 without installing 9 but you will need to enter the serial number for ver 9 (as well as the serial number for 10).

I've done backup and restores with 10 without prob. Only issue I have is with the managed locations -- I can't seem to get the file limt to work, but that prob exists whether I install fresh or on top of 9.

sh

7. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Just as a point of interest; I upgraded from version 8 to version 9, and as mentioned this requires me to enter both serial numbers on a reinstall. *If* I upgrade to version 10 would this mean I would need to enter the serial number for all three versions when installing?

John.

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I don't know because I have not tried it. However I think that since the cost for upgrading is more than half the cost of buying a license out right, it would be cheaper to but a copy outright than but two consecutive upgrades. Therefore, I doubt you would ever need to enter more than one previous serial number.

F.

9. seekforever

I'd try the 9 serial number and if it didn't work, I'd use the 8 serial number. An upgrade from TI8 to TI10 without buying a TI9 upgrade is valid for the upgrade price.

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Note to folks roaming this thread. I fixed this limit problem by doing an uninstall, scrubbing registry, and deleting all Acronis directories before trying to install ATI 10. That triple scrub was the only thing that worked.

see
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151970&highlight=Managed Directory Limits Problem

for more details.

good luck,
    sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.