Upgrade from 9.3567 to 9.3677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Roger Macon, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Macon

Roger Macon Registered Member

Anything special I should know before upgrading from 9.3567 to 9.3677. I assume there is no need to uninstall 9.3567 but instead just install over 9.3567. After installation is complete I assume I would need to immediately create a couple of "Bootable Rescue Media Disk" for safe keepomg and all should be well.

Last night I did a full system backup to an external hard drive. I assume, that if there is any problem I would be able to use the new 9.3677 to do a partial ir full restore of anything on 9.3567. I suppose that after a few days it might be a good idea to do a full system back up using 9.3677 and shortly there after let the old 9.3567 become history.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I had to uninstall build 9.3567 before installing 3677. I simply used the windows uninstall. It was so long ago that I can't remember if I had to stop the running processes ( true image monitor, schedhlp etc.) that are in the startup folder.
    Do a search for "uninstalling true image", I have seen it posted in the past, when True image was still in version 9. I don't think you have to uninstall TI with version 10, but I still use version 9 build 3677 myself.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

9.3854 is the latest update.

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

6. Roger Macon

Thanks for the feed back!

Based upon what others have said about b9.3854 and b9.3677 being more stable we decided to update to b9.3677 instead of b9.3854 for now. At some point in time we will definately update to v10.o_O?.

One big question is how important might it be to remove 9.3567 before installing 9.3677. Did a lot of folks do an uninstall before installing or did most install over 9.3567 without difficulty. Is there any advantage to uninstalling 9.3567 before installing 9.3677 or should installing over 9.3567 be OK?

After upgrading to 9.3677 is there anything else that should be done other than the following:

1-Create a couple of "Bootable Rescue Media Disk" for safe keeping.
    2-Immediately do a full system backup using the updated 9.3677.

Will 9.3677 restore from the older 9.3567 if needed?

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Keep a copy of your old version Rescue CD in storage.

If you're a gambler, then flip a coin and take your choice as to un-install or not.

Installing over old vesion works for some and creates untold grief for others.

Newer updates can restore older archives.

Older restore cd are usually un-able to restore newer archives because of program changes.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Roger Macon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that previous posters are correct. You can install newer build over the older one, but if you decide to be extra cautious, you can uninstall the older build first.
    Regarding the compatability of the archives created by older builds with later builds please see this FAQ entry.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. Roger Macon

Installed 9.3677 over 9.3567 and all went and is well. The suggestions offered were helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.