Upgrade from 2337 to 3567 Major Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoJive, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

The new version kept thinking it was still 2337. When I attempted to plug in a full backup, I got an error message: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive" for all images created. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3567 and had the same problem. I uninstalled 3567 and reinstalled 2337 and still have the problem. Now I am worried that I won't be able to access that data.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello NoJive,

You need to be aware that Build 3567 introduced a different image file structure that can't be read by previous versions/builds (although 3567 can read previous version/build images). So, if nothing else, I recommend you now uninstall Build 2337 via Windows Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and reinstall Build 3567. Note that if you "upgraded" to TI 9 from a previous version (e.g. TI :cool: then, having uninstalled TI 9, you will need the Serial Numbers for both the old version and TI 9 when reinstalling Build 3567.

Regards

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  3. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, the update to 3567 fails repeatedly, leaving me with a dysfunctional ATI installation. I finally was able to boot from a v.2337 rescue cd and found one (of 4 images) that would restore. It was stuff like this that led me to dump Ghost and go to ATI years ago. I am not real happy with ATI at the moment.

4. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Perhaps you should try the "manual uninstall" procedure described here.

5. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

Thank you.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NoJive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions of MKairys in order to remove the previous build from your computer and install the latest build once again.

Please make sure that all the volumes of the image archive reside in the same folder. Please also verify the image archive by means of the Validate Backup Archive tool.

If the image archive appears to be consistent, please provide a screen shot of the last screen of the Mount Image wizard which contains the operation scenario.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. WilliamRoberts

WilliamRoberts Registered Member

If all images have been made to the Acronis Secure Zone...does that constitute having all volumes residing in the same folder? Just want to confirm as I have the same thing happening.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello William,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, actually, Acronis Secure Zone does not have any folders, it is just a single partition where all the image files are saved in the root directory.

If you experience the same issue then please follow the instructions provided by Tatyana and submit a request to our Support Team having attached Acronis Report. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.