Upgrade deadline

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dunkers, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunkers

dunkers Registered Member

Back at the end of August I purchase Paragon Backup and pretty soon found that the sales blurb was misleading: the 64-bit version couldn't mount images for browsing. This is a critical part of the software for me since I regularly browse images to find previous versions of data.

At the beginning of September I raised a support request about this (ticket 2482602) in which a support person confirmed that x64 couldn't browse images and that the alternative was to use the File Transfer Wizard. This is very different (one needs to know the filename to restore, and then restore it somewhere) and is not suitable for my purposes. I said that if I had known beforehand that x64 would not work as advertised I wouldn't have purchased the product. However, I then said it would probably suffice until the x64 image browser was available. The support person thanked me for my understanding.

Had the support person instead, and more correctly, pointed out that I was stuffed and that the fix was to be in version 10, and that I wasn't entitled to that version, I would have created a stink and demanded my money back.

I think you can see where this is going: I have here a product which I don't use because I assumed there would be a fix, but now I find that not only is the fix a version upgrade but there isn't even a special rate for existing customers. You may correctly assume that I'm rather cheesed off.

Would anyone at Paragon care to fix my problem, please, or at least explain why the cost of me fixing it shouldn't go to a competitor instead?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Dunkers,

Can you provide me what product version and edition you have? Also send me a PM with your email address that is the account holder. I'll take a look and see what I can do in regards to discounted upgrade prices.

3. dunkers

Thanks for the quick response, Tommy. It is Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional Edition (English). I'll PM you the email, etc.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Email and message sent.

5. dunkers

And another satisfied customer!

I have to say I didn't expect any response at all before next year, but to have this fully resolved within hours at this time of year is very impressive indeed.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.