Upgrade Acronis True Image 9 onto Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michel FOUILLADE, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michel FOUILLADE

Michel FOUILLADE Registered Member

Hello!

I bought a copy of Acronis True Image 9 home one years ago.
    Now, I works onto Vista and True Image 9 home is not abble to instal onto Vista environment.
    I searched un upgrade for this release and I can't see any release. :oops:

If any people can give me a link for Upgrade Acronis True Image 9 onto Windows Vista, I thank him.

Regards
    Michel FOUILLADE

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You need to upgrade to V10. for Vista support.

F.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michel FOUILLADE,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as foghorne said, one of the versions of Acronis True Image that supports Microsoft Windows Vista is Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Another product of the Acronis True Image line, which supports Microsoft Windows Vista is Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Note that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home can be upgraded to ether Acronis True Image 10.0 Home or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

You can find the version comparison page and the list of the new features of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home here.

Please use the following links to purchase the upgrade:

Acronis True Image 10 Home Upgrade

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Upgrade

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  4. QuiGonJohn

QuiGonJohn Registered Member

I installed my TI Home 9.0 on Vista and it installed fine. I did a normal install from the .exe file of the latest Home 9.0 build. It runs and I can see the drive. I have yet to hookup my external drive and see if I can backup to it and restore files from it, hopefully later today. I did boot the Vista machine to the Vista Recovery CD and made a full image from HDD to Ext USB HDD, that worked and verified OK.

5. QuiGonJohn

FOLLOWUP
    I connected my ext USB HDD and first deleted a unique file from C, then restored it from w/i the Full Image I made using the TI Home 9 boot CD, worked fine. Then I did a few backups from w/i Vista using TI Home 9, they all were fine. I don't see any reason why Acronis is telling us we need to upgrade to TI Home 10 for Vista. 9.0 seems to be working fine.

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Which flavour of Vista are you using?

7. QuiGonJohn

Home Premium

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Thank you ... that's good to know. As a test I have backed up a Vista system using the TI Boot CD of ver. 9 build 3677, and restored the Image, but I'm surprised that you were actually able to install the software on to a Vista system - contrary to what some users report.

9. QuiGonJohn

Did your BU/RESTORE using the TI 9 Boot CD work? Also, I have build 3854, from this past December, maybe that is why I could install it.

10. QuiGonJohn

Update!!!

As I said before, I installed TI 9 Home on my Vista and have been making backups. I got a spare SATA Notebook HDD and this morning, after doing a BU in Vista using ATI 9, I replaced the HDD with the spare I bought. Did a full disk restore using the ATI 9 Boot/Recovery CD and it worked like a charm. Booted right up into Vista after the restore and removing the ATI 9 CD.

Looks like you do not need to upgrade to ATI 10 to use ATI in Vista!!!

11. QuiGonJohn

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

Well now my confidence in ATI is COMPLETE.

Up until yesterday I have used ATI 9 on all 3 of my laptops as far as actually doing a full backup, installing a spare blank hard drive, booting to the recovery CD and then doing a full restore.

Well yesterday I got a spare hard drive for my tower, (same size, but higher RPM and larger memory cache). Went thru the same process and voila, it worked like a charm.

That makes all 4 of my computers that ATI 9 backs up, and can be fully restored from.

This is such a great product!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.