Updating Wormguard Block-list or other Anti-worm?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by richrf, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I have a registered copy of wormguard that I installed several months ago. If I downloaded the lastest copy from diamondcs.com.au would I get a more recently updated Blocklist? If not, does diamondcs or any of the members of this board maintain a current list? If there is no way to maintain a current list, are there programs that do a better job of tracking worms? Thanks.

Rich

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Richard, There are no updates for WormGuard in the current version but WG4 will have updates. As a licenced WormQard user you will get a free upgrade to WG4 whenit becomes available.

I don't know if anyone keeps a list to share with other users, I'm sure someone will respond the that :)

There are other programs which do a similar job but here is probably not the best place to ask if there is anything better ;)
    Peronally I think WG is the simplest most effective program for this but I am biased.

HTH Pilli

3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi richrf,

I posted a similar question 2 weeks ago but no one answered. :'(
    WormGuard Blocklist

I went through all of the wormguard posts and put together a list which seems to be agreed upon by most.

But there are several questionable extensions that I don't know if they would be good to add.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks Pilli and Devinco,

Pilli, where would be a good place to post a message concerning an alternative to wormguard. I love diamondcs products, but if the list is constantly out of date it seems to be a problem. Has diamondcs given any indication when the next updateable version will be available?

Devinco, thank for your reply. Did you post your list anywhere? It is probably the most up-to-date one.

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,
    Rich

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Just follow the link I posted.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks for the list Devinco. I am surprised that no one answered your question. The forum members and diamondcs are usually very helpful on this forum.

Thanks for the re-direction Pilli. I will post.

Regards,
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.