Updating via DSL suggestions??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Upon my recommendation an elderly client purchased NOD32. This person is using DSL and is not on the Internet for only short duration. NOD32 was telling him that his definitions were out of date. So I changed the type of connection to dialup but that did not help. Will changing the update type to dialup as well finally fix this problem once and for all? How long would they have to remain connected using this setting before NOD32 would actually update?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

at least an hour

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can change the connection type to Dial-up and enable the "Automatic update after dial-up connection" task. Some people have their mail client set to disconnect after receiving email which may interrupt the download of updates.

4. enduser999

OK thanks. Will try that option. Is there a minimum amount of time with this option enabled that will require them to remain connected for NOD32 updating to occur?

Still do not know why they are in such a hurry to disconnect from DSL nor can I understand how their prior anti-virus Trend Micro could update in this short amount of time.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My suggestion in such a case, and I have had quite a few clients like this, is to teach them how to manually update before they do anything else, as in do NOT touch email, to connect to the internet and go straight to the NOD32 Control Centre> Update and click on "Update Now" and only when NOD32 announces that they are up to date then and only then to open up their email client.

Cheers :D

6. enduser999

Thanks for the advice. I know what these people (elderly which probably makes no difference) are going to say which I have already heard, "We never had this problem with PC-Cillin updating".

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The thing is there were 2 huge updates recently, once they get past these then updates should occur before they can blink.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.