Updating The Image for PC or Notebook

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by wisandanu, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisandanu

wisandanu Registered Member

Helo All,

I have requirement to update application or windows update on my existing image.

I know the silly work to do it by preparing again everything from scratch in new PC/Notebook install the update application and take image from it.

My question:
    1. What is the nest way to update my existing image beside doing everything from scratch?
    2. Is it good by deploy one PC with current image, then update the application or windows updates, after that create image from this PC?

Please I need advise from Acronis support team or all forum members

Regards

Rian Wisandanu

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wisandanu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software

Your scenario (deploy image, install Windows update or application update and recreate image) will work if you're using same hardware on your computers (if you're going to deploy this image to all of these computers in the future) or you're using Acronis Universal Restore add-on.

You can also deploy the original image, install updates and then create incremental image (to keep both original and updated states in your images).

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. wisandanu

wisandanu Registered Member

Can you explain the step by step procedure to do the incremental image after update the deploy image?

Is it going to update the image file or it will create additional image file?

Regards

Rian Wisandanu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.