Updating stand-alone workstations

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by WayneBoyd, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WayneBoyd

WayneBoyd Registered Member

Hi all,

I have an MS network with approx 85 workstations and 10 servers. Of these, all servers and about 80% of the workstations are connected to local LAN's with WAN connectivity to our head office. I am running NOD32 Anti-virus 3.0 with RA to administer the AV on all networked workstations and servers.

I have a single mirror server set up at head office, and all ESET clients update from this mirror server, which in turn updates from the internet.

My problem is that the remaining workstations are not connected to a network, and cannot be connected to the internet because they are located in very rural areas where there is no telecomms or cell infrastructure. Each office has no more than a couple of workstations so satellite and other wireless connectivity is also impractical due to cost.

My problem is, how do I update these workstations manually? We have staff that regularly travel between these offices and our head office so update files can be taken back to these offices.

The issue is that these rural workstations are often being hit with various viruses from memory sticks and so on which are used on a regular basis in the line of business. How would I go about configuring this on these workstations? Any help appreciated.

Wayne

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Since ESET doesn't offer offline definition updates, without network connectivity your are out of luck. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.