Updating non-networked computers with Business ESS 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JohnMichael, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnMichael

JohnMichael Registered Member

I am upgrading a NOD32 Anti-Virus 2.7 multi Business License to a multi Business License ESS 3.0. We have only one computer that is connected to the internet and several that are not. I would like to update them by transferring the updates by flash drive as they are not networked. I have installed ESS 3.0 and turned on the Mirror on the one machine that is connected to the internet and have the updates in a folder on the Mirror machine. Would it work to list the update server on the non-internet computers as a local folder: C:\Eset Updates\ and then just copy over the updates by flash drive to the local machines, put them in the folder and hit update every so often? Will that path work as the "server" ? I am assuming that I do not need to turn on the Mirror function on the non-internet computers to be able to pick up the updates locally on each machine. Sorry if this is all obvious but it looks like this has changed a bit from 2.7. Thanks!

2. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

Yep, that will work fine. I just tested updating from the Flash Drive itself and it worked without any issues. Don't worry about hitting update. Allow the default schedule to check the local update folder whenever it normally does. If you've refreshed the local copy of the mirror, the update will occur.

Flash Mirror.jpg

3. JohnMichael

JohnMichael Registered Member

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.