Updating NOD32 through local files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by da imp, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da imp

da imp Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install NOD32 on computers running behind a firewall that won't let them connect to the usual servers for signature and component update. I got the idea from looking through the update settings, that it's possible to manually download the updates, and direct NOD32 to upgrade from those. Is this possible? How do I do it?

Thanks a lot in advance! :D

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

What firewall are you using?

3. da imp

da imp Registered Member

Honestly I don't know. It covers the whole intranet. We're connected to the Internet via proxy. It's a whole city's gov't infrastructure around us, and the upper levels of Tech Management are way above me.
    A lot of stuff is blocked, including things like FTP, multimedia files of most kinds (based on file header, not extension). Basically, everything that isn't typical HTML is filtered heavily in one way or another.
    Even if you'd find a way to circumvent it, they tend to bring up further filters in response to unusual traffic. Maybe it's better not to bother with such an effort.

Don't worry though, I think I may have found an option around here already. I'll try to create a Mirror from my personal computer, to bring it here and update the systems. If that works, I'll stick with that, and let the people here know.

I really shouldn't have posted this before looking for the answers I just found. But oh well...this can continue if a Mirror doesn't prove viable.

Thanks!

4. da imp

da imp Registered Member

Unfortunately, although I found instructions to create a Mirror in this forum, I get error messages on NOD32 before I can even really start with it. Namely, this error when I click on the Mirror Setup:

No Information about updates is available. Prior to configuring mirror, please connect at least once to the update server. To do so, click the Update button in the Update module.

I do as I say, click the Update Now button on the update module. Whether it tells me that I'm up to date, or happens to find a more recent update later on, I receive the same error on the Mirror Setup. The antivirus is up to date, it shows so clearly. And it works fine on all other respects. I tried manually choosing an update server, too. Doesn't change anything.

How do I solve this? It doesn't make much sense to me, really.

According to NOD32, even though I installed 2.51.18, it's working as 2.51.8 now, thanks to component upgrades I presume.

Further questions, on that: Is a Mirror I'd make with that version, compatible with newer ones?

And, what version do I need to install, to be able to choose spanish language? The different versions I've used so far (the ones mentioned above, and 2.70.16) don't seem to have any language options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.