Updating Nod32 on a corporate LAN

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by illuminati, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illuminati

illuminati Registered Member

Hi all; I am in the process of updating my workstations from 2.0 to 2.5. I would like to push the install out to the workstations using Remote Administrator Console, and already have the installation packages ready. My question is: if I don't force a reboot at the end of the install, will my workstations be vulnerable until the reboot occurs? The console says the upgrade is successful, but a reboot is required. When I check the workstation, it seems that Nod is running fine, and the components have actually already updated. By not forcing a reboot, am I opening myself up to potential virus infection?

Thanks in advance.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I don't believe they're vulnerable....when I did it at home the services stopped, updated, started again, but you'll notice if you open up NOD on the client, the old green eye background of the panel looks to be the same old version, if you reboot and bring it up, it'll be the new version. So it seems the protection is going on, but the other little details won't be updated until you bounce the rigs.

3. illuminati

illuminati Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that was the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.