Updating from 3.0.695 to 4.2.40 via Remote Administrator Console... reboots required?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by toiletvictorious, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toiletvictorious

toiletvictorious Registered Member

Hey all,
    I've updated our server to 4.X and now wish to start doing the same to the clients. I haven't had any luck trying to do an update so I've taken to uninstalling, rebooting and then installing. Are these pretty much the required steps or is there something I'm missing? It doesn't seem like there's any way around a reboot.

From what I've read, past 4.0 the upgrade mechanism will be a little more dynamic.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello toiletvictorious,

The recommended option is to uninstall the previous version and then install the new version as you stated. If you need assistance please see the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN714

Thank you,
    Richard

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

In my experience almost all our clients upgraded successfully from 3.x to 4.x. Some didn't, and we had to uninstall then reinstall.

All our 4.x clients have upgraded successfully to later 4.x versions.

So as Richard said, the preferred option is to uninstall then reinstall. Perhaps we were lucky, in that we only had to do this on 2 or 3 machines out of 110, the rest upgraded successfully via ERAC/ERAS. But once you have 4.x then updates to later 4.x releases should be smoother.

Jim

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Same here never had a issue installing V4 on top of V3, it actually does a remove/install automatically.

It is supported by ESET only not 'recommended', and who can blame them for saying that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.