Updates????

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Chrisgod, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisgod

Chrisgod Registered Member

I am continually receiving what purport to be "updates" required by my system in order for Nod 32 to be able to work with my copy of windows? BUT it links when I click on update to my default browser which is Firefox! NOT IE!! (Which is where I apparently update the PC??) And so I cannot access the IE site and when I do and scan the PC I am not getting anything like the list of some 64!! Yes 64 items which need upgrading!! In fact the ONLY thing I can update is the XP is GENUINE test, which I would not complete anyway (It is a legit copy! Either that or HP are committing a massive fraud!)

So question is WHERE do I find this in the programme?

PLEASE! It is doing my head in and at 53 I don't have many grey cells left anyway!! :)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Click the tray icon, press f5, go to tools, and set ESET as in the screenshot.

Attached Files:

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

ChrisGod - Whilst the above advise will stop the alerts it won't solve the problem you have a large number of updates missing from Windows.

Check under Start Menu, Control Panel, Automatic Updates.

What setting do you have the Automatic Updates on?

Personally i use the second option which means Windows will download the updates for me and then prompt me to install them. Windows will say it not a recommended selection but it works fine.

Firefox will not complete the Windows Update. However you could open IE instead (it'll be on your Start Menu somewhere or open the Run box and type

iexplore

and hit enter)

then goto

windowsupdate.microsoft.com

and that should start the update procedure rolling.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

In addition to Ron's always most excellent screen shots, you would configure you software using this article not to receive system update notifications via NOD32/ESS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.