Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jclark33, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jclark33

jclark33 Registered Member

Whats going on with the updates?

I have a 2003 server updating 75 local clients using both v2 and v3. Today the clients started throwing a 'failed to download' error. The solution is to delete the update cache on the server re-update it and re-update the clients.

Again:

Server = Updated
    Clients = Update Failure

The first time it happened I and others were told that an update file had been released that was larger than normal and taxing the servers. I found this to be bunk as my server was current. Today was the second time, while the fix is trivial, what efforts are being made to resolve this issue.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. jclark33

bump for ignoring thread

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

When you don't get any answer it may mean:

- noone knows the answer
    - people who know didn't have time to respond yet
    - you didn't describe your problem very well
    - people don't think this issue is worth any answer at all (since your problem is already solved anyway)

Bumping threads like this is just plain annoying and rude.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For how long does the update work after you flush the update cache?

5. jclark33

Can Someone Fix The Updates!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on? This is getting ridiculous. About once a month I have to delete the update cache on my server. I am using v 3.0.669.0 and at least once a month my clients stop updating, I have to delete the update cache on the server reupdate the server and then the correct revision pushes out.

Are there any developers that mod this forum?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  6. jclark33

Re: Can Someone Fix The Updates!!!!!!!!!!

Eset is about ready to loose business!

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

[Edited message to correct wrong version number. AG]

Hello,

I noticed you are on an older build of the software, v3.0.669.0. Are you running this build for a particular version? If not, please update to v3.0.684.0, which is the latest build of the v3.0 code.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  8. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I think that v3.0.685.0 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security is for Ukranian users only. The latest build of v3 for the other users would be v3.0.684.0.

Regards,

Mark.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Either way moving to a newer version may be in order.

10. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

If he's having problems with his current ESET NOD32 Antivirus installations then upgrading to the latest build would be the first step. I was just correcting the latest build version number to avoid further confusion.

Regards,

Mark.

11. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello Mark,

Thanks for catching that. You are, indeed, quite correct. The v3.0.685.0 build was released only for the Ukrainian language to fix text issues in the user interface. The latest build of the V3 code is v3.0.684.0. The original message has been edited to reflect this.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I can confirm some issues with updating here also on V3 and V4.. This is only the issue for some clients, and was a big problem after a push from 4.0.314 to 4.0.417.. The only way I could fix update issues was to clear update cache on the client itself, or do a complete uninstall of NOD32 from Add/Remove programs, and then reinstall it. Only after this was I able to correct the issue. Clearing update cache on the server did not do anything for the clients. I think something gets hosed up in the update module sometimes..

13. jclark33

I don't see that software version have anything to do with this problem. My server updates fine but all my clients fail. if i clear the cache on the server then it works fine.

Its not the software its your updates, the files are corrupting somehow. This has been going on for too long.

Shouldn't the software update itself?

this is getting old.

14. jclark33

This a reoccurring issue, i will bump it until its fixed. I should not have to write bash scripts to handle the errors in purchased software.

Thanks you for your bullets points, I do hope that you find this both rude and annoying perhaps it will get fixed.

15. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

We are currently on VSD 4004.

If your server is getting the proper updates

The clients are not getting the correct ver file. And It is comparing with what the server has.

You will have to delete what's in the UPD folder.

It is normally located at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\updfiles

If you try having a workstation go back to the Mirror. Does it get the file ?

16. jclark33

Thanks for the response Danny.

Everything works now, but for the past 8-10 months at least once a month i have to delete the server caches, the NOD AV cache, I never mess with the RA cache. Once i delete the cache on the server re-update the server then all is good.

I posted several time concerning this with not much help.

The server load excuse is a joke, if it really is a problem address it, but i feel that's a quick excuse to hand out to home users who don't know any better. I started to write a script to handle this but decided that I didn't want to make a work around for purchased software.

whats really going on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.