updates/trial version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scalpas, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scalpas

scalpas Registered Member

Hi,

I installed the trial version of Nod 2.5 a week ago. Every time I try updating I get a message telling me that Nod is up to date and that there is no need to download new signatures. I've checked, the signature's date is a week ago, when I installed it.

Is this because I've got the trial version ? Is it impossible to update with the trial version ?

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is possible but you should know that trial users have lower priority on ESET servers . Servers will first take care of the paid clients and later if possible will take care of the trial users . Most likely you couln't update because servers were busy which was normal a week ago . I suggest you open Control Center -> Update and press Update now some times to get the updates ;)

If you buy NOD , use the paid version you will have no such issues

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi scalpas, welcome to Wilders.

Please check the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Wireless/Dialup.

Then check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Then check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this the NOD32 should update unless a firewall is blocking Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. Avatar2000

Hello! by the way what is the average update file size for NOD32?
    Edit: & what is the difference between Commercial & trial update file size?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends, usually the size varies from 5 kB to 100 kB. An update of the whole engine takes place 3-4 times per year on average which is about 5-6 MB in size.

There's no difference in size nor any other difference except that the trial version cannot be updated after the 30-day trial period.

7. Avatar2000

Thankyou Marcos for an answer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.