Updates over LAN network

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rzat, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rzat

rzat Registered Member

Hi
    I have 10 xp machines, but only one(call it main) is connected to internet. I was told that i need 10 nod32 workstations license. How can I set up remaining 9 machines to pickup updates automatically from the one connected to internet. I tried with test version to share updates folder on main machine and then on one of clients machines to pickup updates from that folder but nothing happens, its not updateing. What the proper way to do this Its all conneted as LAN no domains.
    Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This can't happen with the test version because it )the trial is only Standart edition , you need Administrator edition which will create local mirrors of the updates . Then the other need to have rights to access the mirror folder and to get the updates . Give us more details for more info and help .

If you want to test this , please contact your local ESET representative or an authorised reseller so you'll get a trial Administrator version

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi rzat, welcome to Wilders and the Eset Forum.

Please download the NOD32 Remote Administrator Manual from HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

For the one computer that is connected to the internet (let's call it MAIN), you need to install the "for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/32-bit/64-bit - LAN Update Server" version of the software (ndntenad.exe) instead of the "regular" version (ndntenst.exe).

The "LAN Update Server" version has an extra section named "Mirror", which stores the updates. Inside the Mirror setup is an option that lets it function via HTTP, as opposed to over a Windows share. The HTTP function works quite well.

On the client side, you will configure the Update to use "http://main:8081" as the update server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.