Updates in Trustport AV/IS/Total security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hckyo, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

3 Days ago I decided to test how trustport Antivirus was working, and I´m really happy with it´s performance, it´s lighter than Bitdefender and even to F-secure in my computer.

I just have a question about the Updates, I´m really used to have updates every hour (bitdefender) and to see how the signatures increase in the details, but with trustport its diferent.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6623/trustport.jpg

I have tried to update it and every time I try, it says that there is no update for the moment (bitdefender, avg, email, parental lock engines).

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3743/trustav.jpg

So Im wondering how updates work with Trustport, If is 1 update per day or 2 days and how can I see that the engines have update themselves during the day.

thanks 4 the time
    cheers.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The default on the Updater is to check every day but change to expert mode, go to the main Update Window and then you can set the updater to check in hours or even minutes!

You can then check the logs to see what happens after every update check. Checking every 4 hours would seem a reasonable compromise.

As it has no behaviour blocker, the default setting for updates needs IMHO to be changed to a more frequent interval check particularly if you are not running a layered defence. Although I see you are running Sandboxie so you could get away with checking at least every day.

I am not on the computer where I have TP installed but the BitDefender engine updates several times each day. IME, it is the better of the two engines as it is the one which seems to detect the majority of the malware threats thrown at the program.

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

+1. :thumb:

4. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

thanks 4 the reply, I changed the update time form 1 a day to every 2 hours, and I check the logs and saw how many time it has updated since I have it.

5. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

The new trustport UI looks very great.. I tried it a few years ago and it was heavy!.

6. m0unds

m0unds Guest

wow, that new UI does look quite a bit more polished/friendly than the older versions.

7. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

This new version is really good(my personal experience of course), its really light, in my pc is lighter than F-secure, Bitdefender, Kaspersky those 3 AVs took almost 2:30 minutes to boot windows and let me work, with Trustport in 1:30 min. I´m ready :D (Core 2duo 3.0GHz , 4 gb ram, 1 gb video, win7)
    New UI is great too, just the advanced configuration has the same old fashioned menu, and the Tray icons are Better than Vipre´s :p

8. Blackcat

Potential users are generally put off by the high initial CPU activity which is the program fingerprinting files.

Once this is complete, it is very light in CPU time and I/O Writes and Reads; probably the lightest AV I have ever used and I have tried a lot!

9. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

I'm going to give Trustport a new opportunity to see how it goes xD :argh:

10. m0unds

m0unds Guest

can you speed it up by performing a full system scan or does its fingerprinting mechanism only work in the background?

11. Blackcat

The latter ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.