Updates for NOD32 old trial

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by electrique, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrique

electrique Registered Member

Hi.Are there still virus signature updates available for NOD32 2.5? If so,when will the updates will be no longer available?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not think NOD32 v2.5 should still be able to download signature updates. If it can, I will ask ESET's infrastructure folks if they can get it permanently disabled as quickly as possible. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Trial versions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus are available for download here. There is also a beta test portal with a release candidate available here.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Kenkey

Kenkey Registered Member

Why is bad the version 2.5 to get signature updates?

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

NOD32 v2.5 was discontinued many years ago as it is obsolete. The current build of the v2.x series, v2.7 ceased to be distributed a while ago and signature updates will be discontinued for it in February 2012.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Garygad

Garygad Registered Member

My understanding is that signature updates for v2.7 will continue until Feb 2, 2012. At least that is what everybody seems to be saying. In my case, updates stopped as of Aug 11, 2011 and I got a notice directing me to a Facebook page saying that no updates will be available after Aug 11.

I am really disappointed that ESET failed to follow their announcement regarding updates. If I had until Feb 2012, I could have migrated but to be caught out like this put me in a very difficult position.

How am I to trust ESET and get others to trust my recommendations now?

7. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Updates stopped after august 2011 only for people still using the trial version of 2.7. People using a regular license will still recieve updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.