Updates for Disk Director

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by peterhayes, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterhayes

peterhayes Registered Member

Hi Support
    Are the updates or Disk Director and/or True Image cumulative or do they have to be installed in sequence?
    Thanks
    PeterH

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peterhayes,

Thank you for yuor interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software and Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

You can only download the latest update. The latest update of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 is 553 and the latest update of Acronis True Image 8.0 is 937. You can download it from our web-site. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. werne

werne Registered Member

Peter,

Once again Acronis manages to furnish a reply that doesn't answer the question asked. As near as I can tell, Acronis "updates" are both updates and original programs (programs that allow you to install without anything else being required except for serial numbers, etc). My definition of an update is a file that updates the original or subsequently modified program (with an earlier update)by changing the original program and requires that program to be installed. The Acronis "updates" are dual function in that they can update and or originally install a program. The programs advertised as updates on the Acronis site are actually the latest version of the programs and are complete by themselves. So to answer your question fully, you only need the latest so called "update" to update your program (the programs do allow you to update the program installed on your computer). If you uninstalled your Acronis program, you would only need the latest "update" to reinstall it - your original program files are now superfluous. You will need your Acronis provided Serial number to do that. Usually when you select the update function to an already installed program, the update does not require another serial number entry. Hopefully, that makes things a little clearer.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, werne

As per your usual posts, full of helpful praise.

How do pronounce werne, to me it [en] sounds as if it describes someone still on his or hers Mothers Milk.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. peterhayes

peterhayes Registered Member

Hi Werne
    Many thanks. I guessed that the updates were cumulative, but just needed to make sure. This is a case of good product being ruined by inappropriate support. I am quite wary of the "support" as the last time I used one of their solutions to fix the MBR 3 error, I ended up reinstalling windows. Thank goodness we have posters like yourself.
    Regards
    PeterH

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peterhayes,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Could you please clarify the following:
    - What error did you have?
    - Where the solution to fix the MBR 3 error did you find? Please give the link to this thread.

Please note that the same error message can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info of the particular customer who has this error.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

May I add a little bit about serial numbers?

1)
    If you install an update without uninstalling the existing one, you don't need to enter your serial number.

2)
    If you first uninstall an existing version and then you install the update, you need to enter your serial number.

3)
    A little bit more complicated variant of 2) :
    You bought in the past Disk Director Suite as an upgrade for Partition Expert.
    In that case: when you want to install an update of Disk Director Suite while you have first uninstalled an existing version of it, then you need to enter two serial numbers: the one of Disk Director Suite and the one of Partition Expert. Well, as far as I remember, that is what I needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.