Updates Failing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Is anybody having any issues with updates failing this morning? Connectivity issues to the main update server?

2. pmabee

pmabee Registered Member

Same here, updates failing across the board. Problems contacting the server.

3 Undetected virus' in the past week, now you can't even get definition updates....

NOD32 expensive garbageware itself? :mad:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What error message do you get when you attempt to run an update manually? Could you PM me your username so that I can check your license status?

4. pmabee

pmabee Registered Member

It hangs forever waiting for a reply and says it could not contact the server. They just started working again though. I am assuming this has been down all morningo_O

Does ESET not have multiple update mirrors? :thumbd:

5. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

Exactly the same here - RAS reporting unable to download updates and the few v4 beta clients we are running internally were doing exactly the same. Almost as if the update servers went offline but, all seems to be working ok again now.

6. pmabee

pmabee Registered Member

I'm a little disturbed that something as important as the update servers and the mirrors could all be down at the same time. Sounds like ESET has some work to do.

7. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I got an email an hour ago that 2 clients failed to update, so I went to check the mirror pc and it was behind by one version. So I manually updated the AV on the computer and that seemed to sync the mirror because a minute or so after that the console corrected itself.

8. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Seems to be working now... I had got flooded with emails from my clients trying to update.. Plus when I tried to initiate an update it failed on my computer. I had thought the network admin may have blocked something by mistake but it started working..

9. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Yes it works now.
    I had problems with update in last 2 or 3 hours but now it's fine

10. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

It appears to me what is happening here is that eSet is updating the pattern files faster than I can download them. e.g. They are being replaced with newer versions while I am downloading.

That's why I get download interrupted alerts.

11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

How frequently does your server check? Every hour is usually the standard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.