Updates Failing due to slow internet connection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by IPLP, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IPLP

IPLP Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem. I have an issue where I let my virus protection expire, and I believe I now have a virus that is causing an extremely slow internet connection. My laptop connected to the same dsl modem works fine.

Now that I purchased and downloaded ESET Smart Security with my laptop and installed it on my desktop, the desktop pc can't update the virus definitions database due to the slow internet connection.

So for the question, is there a way to manually download the updates using my laptop which does not run ESET, and then use my USB stick to transfer the definitions on to my desktop? This is how I installed the software, but can't figure out how to do the same for the updates.

Thanks for your help!

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello IPLP,

No, you would have to be able to update directly to the machine running your NOD32. Please try running an online scan from our website to see if your machine is infected, http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/.

Our Support Engineers are also available to assist you. Please click the following link to get in contact with them: http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php

Thank you,
    Richard

3. fredrikomholt

fredrikomholt Registered Member

Hi,
    Same problem. One machine we have simply can`t connect to internet because of a virus reconfiguring IP config all the time. Can`t use online scanner and need to update manually either from ftp or from another machine? Must be possible?

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Please contact our Support Engineers and they will personally help you. If either of you cannot reach our support page then call +1 (619) 876-5400 and press 3 for technical support.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.