Update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by SternMan, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SternMan

SternMan Registered Member

What is it?

Foto.JPG

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Guessing I would say the update is corrupt for some reason. I would select the update virus signature database in the screenshot or restart my computer to see if it clears the message.

3. Johnny812

Johnny812 Registered Member

did you use the default username and password? (don't change it after install)

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Perhaps you could clear the update cache to see if that will solve the problem. (F5>Update>Clear)

If that does not solve the problem, restart your computer. (Start>Turn Off Computer>Restart).

If the problem still persists, you could try to reinstall ESET Smart Security v4 Beta - either a clean install (uninstalling it and then installing it) or an over the top install (just installing it over what you have right now).

Clean Install:

First Uninstall:
    • Start>All Programs>ESET>ESET Smart Security>Uninstall.
    • Reboot.
    • Delete the ESET folder located in: C:\Program Files\ESET

Download ESET Smart Security v4 Beta and install it again. To do an over the top install, just download and install it again. These are the most common resolutions to update problems with EAV/ESS that I have seen anyways.

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.