Update without internet connection(mirror update)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by trbal, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trbal

trbal Registered Member

Hi

I have installed ess in around 15 machines some machines dont have a internet connection(rather not permitted) i have setup a mirror also but what i see in Remote console is old def when i connect them to internet then it updates. Are they not supposed to update from the share i created.Could someone help

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

Did you configure your clients to update from mirror? check their update server, make sure they dont have Update server: choose automatically (example http://servername:2221)

3. trbal

trbal Registered Member

yes i have

4. nonoise

what kind of message do you receive when you try to update from mirror? did you check the mirror folder, does it contain update files?

5. trbal

trbal Registered Member

the file is empty did i do configure something stupid?

6. nonoise

you need to put your username and password in console -> tools -> server options -> updates -> fill in update username & password (you need to type password twice) -> update now and see if mirror folder gets filled in couple of minutes

7. trbal

trbal Registered Member

Thx pal worked like a charm when i saw the username there i thought it had the pwd also filled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.