Update to V4 Killed my NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by paulw1, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

Got this email tonite from my local ESET reseller and in it was this paragraph.

"This is a FREE upgrade and available for download from ESET’s website.

NB: Your current version will NOT automatically upgrade to V4, you will be have to manually download from here using your current Username and Password and just install over the top of your current v3 and all your current settings will remain.'

What a crok.

I downloaded and did as they said and when my PC came back online it said my free trial had expired with a red systray icon. Below it said my license was valid until 9.6.2009. There was no way I could get into the license area to check or add my existing license.
    I reinstalled again using the repair option with the same result. Ran system restaore but it did not take mer back to R3.
    Uninstalled V4 , rebooted, removed the ESET directory and reinstalled V3 again. Icon came up green anf said my trial would end in 30 days. Entered my license info but it now says that my license expires in 9.6.2009 but also says my trail ends in 30 days. Which is correct?? Will I find in 30 days that it all comes to an end or should I restore my Ghost image from last Sunday to get back to normal. I think I'll give V4 a miss for the foreseable future..

Thanx in Advance.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    please uninstall the currently installed version, download the latest EAV v4 from here if you have 32-bit Windows or from here if you have 64-bit Windows and run the msi installer. During installation, copy & paste your username and password to the appropriate fields and complete installation by clicking on Next/Finish. Subsequently the program should update and work like a charm.

3. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

Thanx for that. That fixed my problem. I emailed the local distributer who said. "In most cases, the installation over the top works without any problems, we have only had one or two cases with this upgrade process"

Anyway all sorted..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.